You are about to leave fertility.mymomentum.ca, an EMD Serono, a division of EMD Inc. - Canada website. This link may lead to a resource maintained by third parties over whom EMD Serono, a division of EMD Inc. - Canada has no control. As such, EMD Serono, a division of EMD Inc. - Canada is not responsible for and makes no representation as to the accuracy or any other aspect of such resource or the privacy practices of such third party. Providing links to a third party website does not constitute an endorsement by EMD Serono, a division of EMD Inc. - Canada of such website or the information or products presented therein.
Momentum - EMD Serono fertility patient portal
Call our 24/7 toll-free support line at 1-800-387-8479 or submit your questions and comments using our online form.
EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, recognizes the importance of respecting your privacy. You trust us with your personal information, and we intend to treat your information with the care and security it deserves.
In this document, we outline the reasons why EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and its related programs collect, use, and share your personal information. We will show examples of the ways we collect, use, and share your personal information. As part of that responsibility, we have developed these policies and procedures to ensure our compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and other applicable Canadian federal and provincial privacy legislation.
Protecting our Customer’s Privacy means:
- We will not sell, lease, or rent your personal information or our customer lists.
- We collect personal information only with your consent for the purpose(s) for which you have given consent.
- We keep your personal information, questions, and transactions with us confidential; and we employ the appropriate security safeguards.
What is "personal information"?
The definition of "personal information" is contained within the PIPEDA and other applicable Canadian privacy legislation. Personal information is information that is collected about an identifiable individual, for example, your name and address.
Type of personal information we may collect:
- First name, last name, address, telephone numbers, medical information, contact information, payment information, insurance information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Identify you in order to administer and process your request for order processing, for product or marketing literature requests
- Analyze information we receive from you on a volunteer basis when we are conducting a survey of your preferences, needs, or interests
- Provide you services available under our Support Programs, and provide updates to your health care professional
- Identify and process credit application requests for direct accounts, assess credit worthiness, and collect on monies owed
- Protect parties from fraud and error
- Identify you and any complaints that you may have regarding our services, and provide appropriate response
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
We gather personal information from you directly or through your approved representative. Information may be provided verbally or may be provided in writing through consent forms for our Support Programs. Information will also be received from third-party contractors that will provide services on behalf of EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. We only collect and you will only be asked to provide information that is necessary for the purpose(s) disclosed to you.
Sharing of personal information with third parties
In certain circumstances, we share personal information with other parties. We share information:
- To manage the delivery of products and services to you. We may share your personal information with other entities: payment processors, collection agencies, courier services, mailing houses, software developers, and third-party auditors.
- To provide specialty services to you. We may share personal information with contract Nursing Agencies to provide home injection training through our Support Program.
- In our product Support Programs. We may share information with your prescribing physician.
- In our direct-to-home prescription delivery service. We may share information with the dispensing pharmacy.
- To assist you with reimbursement from your insurance provider. We may share information with a third-party service provider specializing in such services.
We do not necessarily share your personal information with each and every type of company listed above. The personal information we share depends on the types of services that you request. We will not sell, lease, or rent your personal information or our customer lists.
Upon your request, we will not use your personal information for any purpose that you request us not to and we will not share your personal information with other companies. In the event that you limit or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to offer services or products. We will let you know which services or products we cannot provide.
Security of data
We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards. For example, we restrict access to confidential customer information to authorized individuals only, and physical security safeguards are in place to prevent unauthorized access to our facilities. Additionally, our contracts with other companies obligate them to protect your personal information.
Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of such information can be express or positive (express and positive consent may be oral, in writing or electronic), or implied (such as by using one of our products or services) in which case we assume that you consent. Your authorized representative may give consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time as long as you give reasonable notice of withdrawal. You can change withdrawal or refuse your consent by calling us toll-free at 1-888-737-6668.
In order to provide exceptional customer service, we coach our customer care representatives on an ongoing basis. It is important for us to understand how our representatives are handling calls and the problems they may encounter. As such, if you have a telephone conversation with a representative, we may monitor the call for coaching and quality control purposes.
Retention of personal information
We do not retain your personal information any longer than is necessary to effectively provide you with the product or service you have requested or with legal requirements. Medical information that you have provided is kept as a permanent record, which is required to be maintained by health authorities.
Purchasing customers accounting transactions are required to be kept for at least 7 years.
We routinely remove from our system personal and account information that we no longer require, or information that we find to be out of date (i.e., mail that is returned because occupant has moved).
Accuracy and reviewing personal information
EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, encourages all its employees to ensure the accuracy of information that it collects. If you recognize that your personal information is incorrect, please advise your customer service representative. We will amend our records as quickly as possible.
If you wish to access and review your personal information that we have accumulated, we will require a written request. Our goal is to respond to your concerns within 30 days of receipt of your written request. If we are unable to respond to your request within this time frame, we will contact you directly and explain the reason for the delay.
There may be instances when the law permits us to refuse your request to access to your personal information. For example, if providing access to your personal information would reveal confidential or personal information about someone else (and we are unable to separate your data) we may be unable to fulfill your request.
If you have a sensory disability and require your personal information to be made available in an alternative format to the method we normally use, we will make reasonable efforts to convert your personal information into an alternative format to suit your needs.
EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, reserves the right to change, modify, or amend this policy at any time. However, when a significant change has been made, you will be contacted within a reasonable time by phone, mail, or email.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies or procedures, or if you would like to review, verify, or amend your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We may be reached by phone at 1-888-737-6668 or by fax at 905-919-0299.
Alternatively, you may write to us at:
EMD Serono, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
2695 North Sheridan Way